Monday 26 May 2014

Screening in Anshun



The first day was the usual screening clinic.  As I will not be operating at this site, rather than be frustrated with surgical decisions that I might not agree with I opted to spend the day with folks I will be working with for the rest of the trip.  Alliance for Smiles is attempting to establish treatment centers where true team care like what we do at home is carried out.  Part of that process involves improving the operative outcomes through monitoring and education of the local surgeons.  That will be my role for the next two weeks.  A really new experience.


Anyway here are some shots from today’s clinic. We started with a formal opening ceremony.


DSC05264.JPGDSC05261.JPG


We even had assigned seats.


 DSC05266.JPGDSC05267.JPG


Lots of patients and cute kids.


DSC05285.JPG


Some came dressed in ethnic dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment